Subject: Re: [Leica] Advise on 21/2.8 or 24/2.8 Asp.
From: Joebikes@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 19:46:24 EST

Ferdinand,
I would go with the 24 mm lens. It's just a personal opinion, but I find the
perspective of 21 mm lenses too extreme. I am always aware that this is a
"wide angle" view when looking at a photo produced with 21 mm lenses. My goal
is to always have the technique remain invisible so that the image can be
regarded in tis own terms.
Actually, both are great lenses, and you really can't go far wrong whatever
choice you make. Why not take one of each. After all, the difference between
the 21 and 24 is about 14%. That is about the same as the 15% difference
between the 35 and 50 mm lenses.
Have a good trip,
Joe Stephenson