Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters, again, very long.
From: Joebikes@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 20:34:05 EST

Whoever mentioned profit is right, I think. I have been using cameras of all
kinds in all kinds of situations--often rugged situations--and I have never
damaged a lens in any way. So I go naked, unless there is need of a filter for
a specific reason. And I find there rarely is a need for filters. I have
several that I have never used.
And, it is just wrong to buy the best lens and then hobble it with an extra
set of surfaces to screw things up. You would be better off buying a crate of
cheap cameras that you could throw away if the lens got damaged.
Joe Stephenson