Subject: Re: [Leica] Vertical RF Alignment on LTM Cameras
From: Richard DeLuca <odyssey@spectra.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:17:39 -0500

>Well, you may have to use some force.  I would recommend a cloth under your
>fingers.  (I have used a pair of pliers over a cloth but will NOT recommend
>this, as it might ding the front plate of the camera or the cover.)
>
>Marc

After a lot of trying, with cloths, rubber lid removers, etc. I finally got
the circular chrome cover off the front plate.  A slightly damp chamois
worked immediately and with hardly any pressure.

Now I see what appears to be a black-painted brass ring with two small
notches 180 degrees apart, apparently for a caliper tool of some kind. In
spite of instructions from Marc, I'm a little confused. Before I get myself
into more trouble than I can handle, I need some clarification. Does this
ring need to be turned, or somehow...just the glass underneath?

Best,
Rich