Subject: [Leica] Info on Fisheye-Elmarit R 16mm f/2.8 wanted -Reply
From: "Michael Schwartz" <MSCHWART@wpsmtp.siumed.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:08:17 -0600

>>> Pascal <cyberdog=40ibm.net> 01/23/98 12:45pm >>>
Hello:

thanks to all luggers who responded to my question some days ago on the=20
relative merits of the Elmarit R 19mm f/2.8.

I have now come across a Fisheye-Elmarit R 16mm f/2.8 at a very=20
reasonable price (at least in Leica terms...:-) ).=20

The idea of having a real Fisheye lens always attracted me, so I am =
very=20
much interested in it. Does anyone have any kind of experience with =
this=20
lens. How is its quality?
Apparently the present model is already on the market sinds 1974 in an=20
unchanged form. On the lens barrel it says: =22Leitz Wetzlar=22.

All info gladly welcome=21
Thanks.

Pascal

Sent on a Macintosh PowerBook G3, the fastest laptop on the planet
an excellent example of its type(full-frame fisheye) said to be made by =
Minolta to Leica specs, it will open up a whole new world for you, one =
which only you can decide whether to enter. Sorry for the error.
Mike S., Springfield, IL