Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Light Meter
From: CapsTeeth <CapsTeeth@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:12:09 EST

I hope that no one feels silly for being confused about the relation of the
frame selector to the meter in the M6. In the book "Leica M Compendium" the
author (I think it was someone named Matheson?) who is presumably an
authority, states in no uncertain terms that you can vary the metering area by
using the frame selector!  This is of course totally incorrect (the area
metered is always that portion of the film gate covered by the white spot on
the shutter and requires estimating a spot the same proportion in whatever
frame is selected) but if a scholarly book can make in into print with such an
error it is easy to see why the average user could get confused.