Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens numbering / Robert
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 00:43:05 EST

  Robert - You are on the right track as most of the approx. 60,000 lens that
  were fixed on the non-interchangeable 1A's were of course with 11 o'clock
  infinity stops and had no numbers as they were only considered as a part
  of the whole camera.  After 1932, if these lenses were updated to the stand-
  ardized version (with a little "o" on the back) by fitting the lens to the
newer
  versions (mainly the IId) they would have no s/n of their own.  Elmars with
  serial numbers below 100,000 are considerably rarer since there are only a
  few hundred recorded, but that is another story.

  Marvin (no s/n) Moss