Subject: Re: [Leica] Avenon 21mm
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 21:46:56 +0000

At 05:19 PM 12/1/98 +0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone have experience with the Avenon 21mm. I have been offered
>this lens as a substitiute for the real thing, Elmarit 21mm.
>
>Any comments on optical performance and value for money, how does it
>compare to Leica lens??
>
>regards
>charl

I have used this lens in new condition.  It was available in screw mount
and I had to get an adapter to go along with it on my leica M.

Performance is so so for that price. The lens is fairly well built but is
no comparison with the feel and the finish of the Leica lens. When I saw a
used Super Angulon 21/3.4 in the shopwindow, I made no hesitation in
trading the Avenon in for it.

I have never regretted my decision.  Many people who initially used the
Avenon as a more economical substitute for the real thing eventually got
rid of it.

Dan K.