Subject: Re: [Leica] Black Star 60 Years + Leica 75 yrs...
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 06:09:10 +0000

At 04:41 AM 12/1/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>>The sharpness was remarkable and the main subject had a very pleasant
>depth of field.  The background was like a painted canvas  backdrop.  The
>backlights blend together like complete circles thanks to the leica lenses
>with more diaphragm blades.<<
>
>Sorry but I do not understand what difference it makes how many diaphragm
>blades a lens has if it is being used wide open?
>
>don

Don

You are right.  It would make no difference.   So the thing for anyone to
do in order to achieve nice round out of focus lightspots would be to shoot
with whatever lens (especially those lenses with few diaphragm blades)
opened to max aperture. The downside is that not all lenses perform well at
maximum apertures.

I am always amazed with the way Leica lenses perform at maximum apertures.

Dan K.