Subject: Re: [Leica] Fewer frames in M6 viewfinder ?
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 05:04:42 -0500

Scott wrote:

>Regarding the M6J, I have been offered one by a friend in Europe for a
>somewhat reasonable price.  However,  I have heard of problems with the
M6J

Joe Stephenson wrote:

>Paul Schliesser "Photo Techniques," Dec. 1997, wrote M6J: "Although just=

such
>a varient [a Leica with higher image magnification than the M4 and later=
]
has
>along been hoped for among some users, plans for a standard version with=

this

 =

And for info, Tom A wrote:

>Dennis, The antireflection mask is a good thing if you use the M6. It
allows
>you to see those glowing diodes that tells you that you just screwed up
your
>exposures and please rotate aperture ring in the direction of lit diode!=
!!
The
>whole thing is very germanic too. On the M2 and M4 you dont need these
mask,
>hence there is less cut off in the finder. The M6 is actually a nice
camera,
>but the diodes are an irritant, they keep pulling your eyes away from th=
>subject, Hence, the M2 is my favourite Leica.

Scott & Joe,

I use a M6J sinds november 94 as my main camera.
I never had any problem with the viewfinder, on the contrary:
with the M6J I have much less undesirable reflection in the viewfinder
due to  the rangefinder window than with the M6.(If not at all)
(and there is no antireflection mask on the M6J).
I think that's because of the M3's like windows of the M6J =3D
on the M6J (and all the M camera before the M6)
the glass of the viewfinder and rangefinder are not flush with
the body at the opposite of the M6 (and M6.85) and some M4-P's.
And because of the 0,85 magnification I more confident when using lenses
like
the Noctilux or Summicron 90.
(The M3 is even better with those lenses but there is no TTL meter cell,
no rapid rewind lever, no rapid take up spool and the thick 50mm frame =

come together with the 90 or the 135)(sacrilegious, sacrilegious !!)

It's the first time that I read something against the 0,85 viewfinder &
M6J,
except about the price :-)
and BTW, Leica is making it now! (M6-0.85, or what is the name).
OK, I'm not objective, the M6J is my favourite Leica.
IMO it's the best Leica M ever made for those who don't use the
28mm or the 75mm. To bad that Leica chose to make it as an anniversary
camera instead of a regular camera.
And you know what, there is no RED LOGO :-))))

Lucien
BELGIUM