Subject: Re: [Leica] Fewer frames in M6 viewfinder ?
From: Nick Hunter <nhunter1@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 21:04:31 -0500 (EST)

It seems the criticism of the M6 finder has been along two lines. The tele
frames are too small (the .85 answers this), and the wide frames are
"cluttered"; that is to say each wide angle has a distracting smaller frame
inset.

Here's my idea: an M6 with the current magnification, but only the 28/35/50
lines. this would be "do-able". There would then be three finder options.
Here is how you would select the right combination.

1.) If you want to carry only one camera and use mostly wide lenses with
occasional short tele use: current M6.

2.) For one camera with no 28: new .85 M6.

3.) If you carry a complete system with two bodies, use .85 M6 + the "wide
frames only" model I'm suggesting. If you use the new camera (.85) for
75-135, you wouldn't need the framelines for these lenses in the "wide"
camera, and you could enjoy a nice, clear view.

4.) Folks using M's with only a 28 or 35, as an addition to the SLR rather
than a complete system could also opt for the cleaner finder.

So, whatta ya think?

Nick Hunter