Subject: Re: [Leica] help pls - tech pan dev. advise- Slight off topic continuation
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 00:57:34 -0500

Since you are so knowledgable, let me pick your brain further!
BTW, thanks for the sulphite tip. I have always subscribed to the theory
that 'seasoned' and replenished D-76 got better and better because of the
bromide that builds up in it. In fact, a similar "automatic" developer as
the divided D-76 advises to add Potassium Bromide to keep the shadow areas
clear of fog, though it cuts the effective speed. I was wondering if you
have anything to relate regarding replenishment and one shot use and the
purported effects of bromide? Personally, I use the replenished D-76 with
older style emulsions ( Tri-X et al.), even going so far as to using a tube
roller and a five roll Gepe tank- no aerial fog, no over agitation! If I
start to experiement, I think I'll try the Tech-Pan in D-76 first, and get
some sort of base line- see what I might expect!
( After a busy day of production and of re-calibrating the densitometer, and
setting up control strip charts for the C-41 machine at work, I may just
wait 'til Tuesday to get my hands wet again!!)  :)
dwpost@msn.com