Subject: [Leica] Leica R 70-180 f/2.8 APO zoom
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 15:39:39 -0500

Michael Yuen wrote:

<<<<Can anyone has experience with the new 70-180 f/2.8 APO zoom comment on
the lens performance? >>>>>>>

Michael,

This is the finest piece of glass you can use. The optical performace when
set at 100mm is equal to the 100mm macro 2.8. That's only one thing.

The lens overall is a supurb piece of craftsmanship and well worth every
dollar and then some. I've used one for about 18 months in all kinds of
weather and travelling about the country and I wouldn't want to be without
it.

It puts images into film you can almost cut your finger on the slides they
are so crisp and sharp.

I'm sure you'll have many positive comments much as mine over the next few
days. Don't hesitate, just go get it! :) It will blow you away! :)

ted