Subject: Re: [Leica] RIP CLE
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 22:45:10 -0500 (EST)

I believe small cracks develop in one of the circuit boards, and then the
camera cannot be repaired. --Alastair Firkin
Alistair,

I wouldn't have given up on the CLE until I had contacted Professional Camera
Service on W47 ST. NYC. There are repair people who know their way around
circuit boards.

I don't think the CL has such a board because it's almost a completely manual
camera, which probably explains why the M's are such enduring and endearing
cameras.

I hope that Solms constructs the new CL2 along the lines of the M6/CL.
Probably the meter of the CL2 would be based on the M6's. Body design would
probably be similar to the CLE.

You haven't endeared me to Minolta for not supporting the CLE.
Ironically, I'm impressed by the older Minolta reflexes, such as the XG-M.

Bob R