Subject: Re: [Leica] r6 and r6.2
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 22:01:39 +0000

> Date:          Thu, 08 Jan 1998 21:26:32 +0800
> From:          "Ferdinand U. LuDo" <fld@mozcom.com>

> Luggers,
>
> Just real quick: what is the difference between the two ? And is the R6 is
> as good?

Besides the 1/2000 top speed that others have referred to, the R6.2
has a more sensitive meter -- if I remember correctly, at the low end
the R6 and R7 have the same sensitivity, a stop better than the R5;
but the R6.2 is two stops more sensitive than the R5.

However, I use both an R6 and an R6.2 and I've never been in a
situation where the 1 stop made a difference.  For the most part,
either the meters read or they don't because I'm doing something like
making long exposures of a refinery at night while being eaten
alive by mosquitoes.

I really like my R6's.  They're great cameras, very reliable,
nicely ergonomic, with sensible electronics and great little features
like mirror prefire, diopter adjustment and finder illumination.  The
only problem with them is that they aren't amazingly beautiful
objects like the early M cameras and the SL and the SL-2, which I
find much less practical but which just feel so good in the hands.

- -Patrick