Subject: Re: [Leica] Welcome to the LUG Norman
From: Tom Kline <tkline@grizzly.pwssc.gen.ak.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 18:01:31 -0900

> Hi Norman -  Welcome to the LUG.  I am holding the OZXVO for you
> and when I mentioned to my wife where your are, she said "My God
> Marvin  -  "That's where my Kamchatka Vodka comes from, you better
> check to see if it belongs to the U.S. or Russia".  It seems that she saw
> an old TV movie about killing the baby Harp seals by (Canadians ???).
> Mary is a wild animal photographer with many camera safaris to Kenya
> as I told you on the phone,  but only as north as Denali Park in Alaska.
>
> Anyway - Merry Xmas & Welcome to the LUG
>
> Marvin
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
><<=20
> Greetings from Beringia,
>  I am a recent subscriber to the LUG.  Great group, I have enjoyed your
> technical discourse (and friendly banter)!   I acquired my first, and only=
,
> Lieca (a IIIf RDST), about 27 years ago.   I can attest to its functionali=
ty
> in the severest of climates -- it works.  I do leave it in the Arctic
>entryway
> for a time to minimize condensation. =20
>  >>

Another Alaskan Lugger! Merry Christmas! I did that trick a lot when I lived=
 in Fairbanks when I had more Aurora ops than here in Cordova! I usually=
 left cameras set up on tripods with cable releases attached in the entryway=
 ready to go during auroral activity.
Tom

BTW Harp seals are not found in AK. But I understand  are some headless=
 walruses have been spotted in the Bering Sea. We've got lots of Sea Otters=
 (1000 or so in view from just outside my office) arround here - They have=
 very high quality fur - good for hats and mukluks!! or a weatherproof overc=
oat!