Subject: Re: [Leica] Welcome to the LUG Norman
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 20:05:21 -0800

Tom Kline wrote:
<snip>
> Another Alaskan Lugger! Merry Christmas! I did that trick a lot when I lived in Fairbanks when I had more Aurora ops than here in Cordova! I usually left cameras set up on tripods with cable releases attached in the entryway ready to go during auroral activity.

Speaking of aurora photography.  Every year I buy four Aurora Borealis
Calendars for myself and other family members from Todd Communications
in Anchorage.  The photos in the 1997 calendar were taken by Tom Soucek,
Calvin Hall, Wayne Johnson, Cary Anderson, and Todd S. Salat.  They are
beautiful photographs.  Maybe some of you know some of these fine
photographers.

I only wish they would give the photographic technical details on each
one.  But I suppose that would be giving their secrets away.   Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $