Subject: Re: [Leica] 21mm Super Angulon
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 20:45:33 +-100

Andras Iklody-Szabo wrote:

>Get an adapter from Novoflex (Leica SM -> M42) and a Leica adapter SM =
- -> M
>bayonet. I got this system for Nikon and Olympus OM lenses on Leica RF.
>Works OK, sometimes the proper finder is a problem.

That's the way to go. I did similar with my ISCO Westron 28mm f/4 lens =
with M42 SM. However the M42 -> LTM adaptor I own (also a Novoflex) did =
not have the proper registration. As M42 has 45.5 mm registration and =
LTM has 28.8 mm, the adaptor ring adds only 9.9 mm of thickness. So I =
took a "Size 2" M42 extension ring (5.95 mm thickness, $3 on a camera =
show).
The missing 0.85 mm were added by rings I cut from Mylar foil of =
thickness 500 microns
and 350 microns (available from DuPont). Works great and was cheaper and =
more=20
early available than waiting for the opportunity to get the Leicina =
adaptor.
I use the "90mm" adaptor LTM->M mount and even get the proper framelines =
on the M6.
Does anyone know if an adaptor M42->LTM is available that gives the =
proper register
easily?

Regards,

Gerd