Subject: [Leica] Darn it / Jim is now correct
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 17:51:55 EST

In a message dated 97-12-19 16:59:12 EST,  Jim wrote:
<<
 But actually, what I really objected to, was that the opinion is that long
 lenses focus past infinity just because of the temperature drift. This is
 not true. They focus past infinity so that a photographer, knowing the
 proper focusing process, can indeed critically focus on very distant
 objects with those very long lenses.
 Jim
 Darn it  -  I hate to agree with Jim, but in rephrasing his words, he is now
 absolutely correct; If I focus my 2000mm telescope on a distant star, our
 relatively close moon is also in focus - in order to obtain that plane I have
 to yo-yo back & forth so there has to be space after the true infinty
position.

 Marvin (yo-yo) Moss