Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: f 1.0/21 ... 1.0/35
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 01:33:50 -0500

My understanding was that retro-focus lenses were the result of the SLR- the
rear element of really wide lenses interfered with the mirror; since the
element is further away from the film, the angle of which the COS affects is
smaller. Were or are there any retrofocus LTM or M lenses, and if so was the
design used to eliminate any fall off on the edges of the field?