Subject: Re: [Leica] Winogrand/blind shooting
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 97 00:08:32 -0500

ted grant wrote

>I shot a pile of rolls strolling around and plinking here and there at
>things I thought, "geez look at that!"  click, "throw that one away after
>development. When I knew damn well, if I'd have shot like a "real
>photographer" putting the camera at my eye, I'd have had one hell of a good
>photograph.
>
>Either shooting wildly at the world is a very special technique with a ten
>million dollar amount of BS luck, or I'm the stupidest Leica photographer
>around.
>
>Roll after roll just went into file 13 (garbage).......

Ted, Ted, Ted,

Man why oh why did you throw that stuff away.  That is the STYLE now.
Out of focus, weird angel, grainy, goofy color whatever we used to call
garbage is now what the AD's are paying BIG bucks for.  You have to get
over this constant drive for perfection of focus and well composed images
and get into  the real world of modern photography! ;)

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto