Subject: [Leica] bitten by the SL bug
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 08:40:32 -0500

Patrick wrote:

<<<a Leicaflex SL, the 72 Munich Olympics commemorative version,
with a 50/2 and hood, for $299.95. I went and bought the damned thing
anyway and now it's here in my study.>>>>>>

<<<< My wife, seeing me handle it lovingly, urged me to buy it (she's a
real sweetie).>>>>>>

Patrick,

hey an honourable thing to do for an "old lady, the SL", not your wife.:)

And not to leave your good wife out. Any guy who has a fine lady to
encourage him to buy Leica, used or otherwise, truly has ( a real sweetie).
:)

Something about those old SL's and the feeling, it's special. Your post
reminded me that I had an SL MOT I used to shoot the '72 Munich Olympics.
So I dug into the old Haliburton case with a couple of other retired
machines, played with it for a bit, had some memories of Munich, then
returned it to it's resting place.

Leicas are wonderful gear to use, hold and bring back fond memories.
Unfortunately in the case of Munich, also sad.

ted