Subject: [Leica] R8 winder/motor update: UGH!
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:40:57 -0500

Dave wrote:

<<<<I don't know about you other R8 owners out there but I think this is
nothing less than appalling.>>>>>>>

Dave,

Gotta agree with you! But just think how lucky we are we didn't have to
wait for lenses to fit!  :)  Or we'd have a pretty black box sitting on the
shelf gathering dust. :) Hell of an expensive dust collector.

I think this winder/motor situation could go down as one of the all time
eqyuipment screw-ups for a camera manufacturer. To come out with a body
capable of running on a winder or motor, advertising it in a big manner,
then not have the gear ready has to rank up there with the, "BLOOPERS OF
THE YEARS!" '96 - '97 - '98 - dare I say 99? :)

ted