Subject: Re: [Leica] Cleaning ..
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 08:43:07 -0600

At 01:47 AM 12/13/97 -0500, you wrote:

>	One more thing-> and Im sure this shows how really 'new' I am to this= What
>amount of electonics are in the newer Leica Ms? are they stop down
metered? Or
>are all the leica vf cameras completely non electronic?

Don't feel bad, in an SLR world, rangefinder savvy is hard to come by.

The M6 has electronics for one thing. Measure light and tell you how to
adjust aperture and shutter speed. You do the manual labor. They are
stop-down metered because you aren't looking through the lenses. They don't
need the mechanism to hold the aperture open. That is one reason they are
so small. Fewer parts.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now