Subject: [Leica] The Focaslide
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 22:03:30 -0500 (EST)

LUGs

With all the talk lately of R8s, ROMs, and aspheric glass, I feel a bit
out place raising the subject of the venerable Focaslide. For lack of
motivation to do anything truly constructive (like cleaning house or doing
Christmas shopping for someone other than myself), I resurrected my
Focaslide and tried it out with the head of a 50mm NF Summicron.  While I
did get a few blank frames as the result of neglecting to move the camera
body into the taking position, the test negatives did show that the device
does indeed still hold potential for copy and close up work.

Is anyone else still using one?

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart
Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the
keyboard.  Any typos are his fault.