Subject: Re: [Leica] Erratic 1 sec. shutter speed
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 08:58:12 -0700

On  5 Dec 97,  D Khong wrote:

> I checked out an M6 today and found that the 1 sec. shutter speed
> could be a little faster than 1 sec. once in a while.
>
> The dealer said that this was because the camera has been hardly used
> and will improve once the camera's shutter is used more often.  Is
> this a fact or that the camera will require a  service sooner or
> later?  The camera is otherwise in good condition.

Historically, the slower shutter speeds tend to get slower with lack of
use. Yes, they often can get better with regular use, but if this is
the 1984-1986 camera you mentioned re: the anti rub inserts, I'd want
to have a CLA done by a good tech after procuring it anyway.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          He, who will not reason, is a bigot;
      he, who cannot, is a fool;
      and he, who dares not, is a slave.
          -- William Drumond, Scottish writer (1585-1649)