Subject: [Leica] Erratic 1 sec. shutter speed
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 16:51:25 +0100

Run the 1 sec shutter speed many times and it will probably loosen up. I
have experienced the same thing with a friends M6 that had been on a dealers
shelf for more than 5 years.If this helps I would not worry about service.

There is also a difference in the meter on older M6 bodies. The newer M6
meter goes lower and blinks if lens cap is left on the lens. Check Stephen
Gandys site for a detailed list of the M6 differences:
http://cameraquest.com/

Regards, Hans