Subject: [Leica] Fokos?
From: Johnsson Stefan <stefan.johnsson@km.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:22:14 +0100

Hello all LUG'ers!

Recently I found a Leitz rangefinder for a rather small amount of money.
But I am curious of which model it is, and when it is made. There are a
lot of pictures of rangefinders in the Leica Collectors guide (Laney),
but not of mine. It looks like the picture of the FOKOS with the pillar
for horizontal stand on the accessory shoe, just that mine doesn't have
this pillar. So I can only put it on the camera in vertical position.
The scale is in meter, and the range from 0,75m to infinity. The logo
E.Leitz Wetzlar is written vertically, in contrary to the pictures in
the book with the logo written horizontally. The base is about 5,5 cm
long, and that confuses me. Dennis Laney talks about short rangefinders
made until 1966 with a base 6,2 cm, but he doesn't mention any
rangefinders with a base 5,5 cm. My rangefinder (chrome finish) is in
really good shape and doesn't look very old.

Anyone that can shed light on which type it is and when it is made?

Thanks in advance,

/Stefan