Subject: R8 exposure - K64
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 16:32:14 CST

LUGs,

I got my films back today.  The kodachrome 64 was in the R8 and Elite II
100 in the M6. All exposures with the R8 in integrating (average) mode
and the M6 were about the same.  Interior pictures with both cameras at
all exposues modes (R8 -spot, average, and matrix - and M6spot/average)
were equivalent.  The only difference I saw was in bright outdoor light -
the matrix metering seemed about 1/3 stop lighter in some cases.  Some of
the matrix metering I liked better than the av and M6 and some I didn't
like quite as well.  As were usable.

I don't think I would set the R8 at ASA 80 for kodachrome 64 as most of
the pictures were just fine and like the M6.  I guess it is just gettng
used to what your camera can do.  I think there would be less adjustment
at ASA64 and bracketing some of the outside shots than going to ASA80
where I think most of the shots might be a little darker than I like with
the K64.  I project my slides ( don't print them anymore) and I have
found the 64 setting about right for the slides.

Some time ago I shot some grey cards in bright sunlight and found very
little, but some overexposure with the R8 in matrix mode with K64,
bracketing the shots.

Have a good Thanksgiving - eat the turkey- don't shoot it!!

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK
Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK