Subject: Re: Leica Catalog Prices
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 18:56:29 -0500

At 06:22 PM 11/26/97 -0500, knowledgeable intellect Marvin Moss wrote:
> I received my November LHSA catalog yesterday and noticed
> an ad from LUG member Sam Shoshan, that I find interesting
> in that the price for a New M6 is still $1995 & mint M6  $1695
> M6 PAD - $2195 & M6J $7495 -  all unchanged over the year,
> BUT the price of a Mint SS  M3 has jumped to high of  $2195.
> I don't know of what significance this is, but I find it interesting.

These prices come and go.  Five years back, M4's and IIIf RDST's were all
the rage, now they have both dropped a tad.  M3's are on the way up now.
Next week, or next year, or next decade, it'll be 2.8/135 Elmarits or 4/90
collapsible Elmars or SOOMKY's or who knows what.  Leica gear goes up here,
down there, and stays static on a third piece.  You just have to follow the
market closely, and Sam does just that.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!