Subject: RE: Take it seriously.... Some do.....
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 9:39:53 -0500

>>>>>>>From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 97 15:14:00 GMT
Subject: RE: 50 Noct. in bright light

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 23:39:37 +0100, Erwin wrote:

> >The Noctilux is ONLY for shooting at f/1. To shoot at f/1.4, switch
to a
> >Summilux; for f/2 shooing you should only use a Summicron; that's
why
> >they made it. Get out your collapsible Elmar for f/2.8, and you need
> >have a screw-mount Elmar for f/3.5.
>
> This statement is so far off the true facts that I refuse to take it
> seriously.

Well done Erwin, I think you may have discovered the true intentions of
this message!

Perhaps for the humor-impaired, Paul should have added a big :-)
(As Bob Atkins would have said...)

Even though Simon meant the statement as a joke.  There are a number of
people who take that idea quite seriously, I've met some.  I have also
heard those statements and I have read that Leica designed the Noctilux
for wide open shooting only, assuming that users would switch to the
Summicron for stopped down shooting in several magazine articles.  I
will try to look up the articles to give a more direct quote.

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador