Subject: Re: Leica/Nikon/Canon
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 21:08:01 -0600

At 12:05 AM 11/24/97 +0000, you wrote:

>The new Canon (due early next year) is still EOS1n based, but
>smaller, and with some great new features (I can go into more detail
>if anyone's interested). Nikon's F5 offering is much rumoured, but my
>(very well connected) source has no details as yet.

Yes!!!! Please tell me. I'm still able to decide our first staffer will be
Canon or Nikon. Some are pushing for Nikon, I'm biased for Canon.

>Contentious opinion: film will be dead and buried for press use (note
>that qualification) within 2 years.

Not a chance. The blooming that happens in low light with light sources in
the frame make them totally incapable of shooting in some situations. I.E.
where the Leica excels above all others!

And until they can do TTL flash right, they're going to suffer. I'd say
5-10 years. Four at my paper. Too expensive to equip more than one
photographer a year.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.