Subject: Re: M6 range finder w/ lens longer than 75mm??
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 20:55:04 -0600

At 02:31 PM 11/23/97 -0800, you wrote:

>>It sort of depends on the user.  I don't have any problems shooting with
>>135mm lenses, but others do:  for that matter, I don't have problems with
>>focusing or framing with my 4/135 Elmar or Tele-Elmar, but, again, others
>>do.

Focal length has a lot to do with the accuracy of focusing with a
rangefinder. The longer the focal length, the less "width" the focusing
base has. Read Gunter Osterloh's book "Leica M" for a decent explanation.
The wider, the more accurate an M6 is. The longer (from 90+) the more
accurate an SLR is.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Maintenance-free: When it breaks, it can't be fixed