Subject: Re: M6 range finder w/ lens longer than 75mm??
From: John Servais <jservais@nwhouse.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 97 14:31:01 -0800

Art Searle wrote:

> Years ago, in a previous Leica
>>experience, I don't remember any problems focusing my 90mm M lens.  What
>>does LUG have to say?

Marc Small replies:

>It sort of depends on the user.  I don't have any problems shooting with
>135mm lenses, but others do:  for that matter, I don't have problems with
>focusing or framing with my 4/135 Elmar or Tele-Elmar, but, again, others
>do.

With a rangefinder, there should be no difference focusing on a given
object regardless of which lens is attached - be it a 35, 50, 90 or 135.
Granted, I use only my M3.  Is the M6 different in some manner?  I'm
perplexed by the assertion - or implication - that focusing is more
difficult with a 135 mm lens than it is with a shorter lens such as a 75
or 90.

Do some find more trouble focusing with a 135 than with a 90?  How?
Granted, the mechanics of a longer lens are different, but in the
viewfinder there is the same process happening before one's eye
regardless of the lens.  Similar to Marc, I have no more problem focusing
or framing with my 135 mm Hector than with the shorter lenses.  This is
one of the beauties of RF.

John Servais
Bellingham, WA