Subject: Re: Was:Different Leica stuff-broken arm
From: hmcclary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 97 23:25:34 -0000

Ted wrote about Alf:
>You're not supposed to go around breaking arms when you are a photographer.
>A leg is OK, but no arms!! :)
>
>It does tie up doing things and as you say, trying to hold and focus a
>camera with one hand is a problem.

A former colleague of mine, Leighton Mark, was a staff photographer for
UPI out of the Washington bureau, what made him so unique was that he
was/is a one armed photographer.  He shot using an old Nikon FM.  To see
him work was impressive.  He could load a camera on the run never missing
a beat.  I covered part of the '92 presidential campaign with him.  A
very interesting fellow to work with.

But, Alf, I am sure it is a major pain in the butt to type one handed
much less try to shoot that way.  Leighton used a motor drive on his
camera and I am sure you do not have the M winder.

Hope you get feeling better soon.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto