Subject: RE: Jordi and 400 ruined rolls of film
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 8:33:07 -0500

> At 10:42 PM 11/16/97 -0100, you wrote:
> >Last year I was on a two month assignement I was carrying something
like
> 400 rolls,-100 & 400 ASA B&W and Slides-, went troght airports of
> Barcelona,London,Bombay, Delhi,
Dhaka,Calcuta,Delhi(again),London(again)
> and Barcelona......................The lab ruined all of them.
> >
> >Life is wonderful:):):):):)
> >Jordi Vidal
> >
>What I don't understand is how they screwed up both color
>and black & white.

>Carl S.

I'm a bit sceptical too,  400 rolls?  I would be surprised that any
processor could ruin 400 rolls as processors just don't have that many
rolls going through the chemistry at once.  Besides that you had two
different types of film.

Did the lab admit to ruining the film?  What constitutes ruin?  Color
shift, too light or too dark, streaks, scratches or  fogging?????There
are lots of things that can ruin or damage film.  What did the lab say
was wrong with the film?

If all 400 rolls were ruined in the same way,  I would highly suspect
another problem. Going through 11 x-ray machines wouldn't help the
film.  But excessive heat for prolonged periods of time can do funny
things to film.  What kind of BW and Slide film were you using?  I
assume it was fresh?????

Duane