Subject: Buying M6 from the US
From: Marc Thomas <marc@cs.york.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 10:42:51 +0000

Bob wrote :

>Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't it be a good idea to order your Leica
>equipment from the US?

>Bob

As I am about to buy an M6 in the next few weeks this statment got my attention,
would Bob or anyone else in the US care to post a few typical prices for a
M6 and a 35/f2.
        Similarly would anyone in the UK that has imported equipment from
the US care to comment on what happens with customs/import duty/VAT and most
importantly is the warranty on the camera still valid in the UK ?
Thanks
Marc