Subject: RE: Leica Urban Myth #44
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk (Jeremy Kime)
Date: 13 Nov 97 16:52:00 GMT

Point taken Marc,
I hadn't realised the dates were so far apart.
Jem K
 ----------
From: 'leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us'
To: KIMEJ44; 'leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us'
Subject: Leica Urban Myth #44
Date: 13 November 1997 15:23

At 03:48 PM 11/11/97 GMT, Jeremy Kime wrote of the Visoflex:

>The III is bigger and taller than the
>II; it's tall enough that it leaves an empty space between the bottom of
>its prism and the camera top plate; I'm not sure, but I think this is so
>it can be used on the M5, which is taller than a normal M body. The II
>will definitly not fit an M5.

Er, the Viso III was introduced in '63, the M5 in '71.  There was no way
that Leitz was thinking of the M5 when they designed the Viso III:  they
don't think ten minutes into the future, much less eight years.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!