Subject: Re: Leica Urban Myth #44
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:45:25 -0500

At 02:14 AM 11/12/97 -0400, Paul Schliesser wrote:

>Why did they make the III so tall? I've never actually used a III (I have
>a Viso II); is there some reason it needs the extra height?

Oh, I suspect they were trying to keep their options open just in case they
DID design a camera with a taller deck height.  They were toying with such
designs in the late '60's, as with the two prototypes marked M4 (such sly
and deceptive dogs, these Leitz guys!) which Lucien mentioned.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!