Subject: Re: Airport Security?
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:20:38 -0800

> Fortunately I try to remember to take the lens cap off before I take any
> pictures - at least most of the time <bg>.
>
> Richard

I often compose with my lens cap on, before I decide whether or not to take
a photo. On several occasions bystanders have come up to me and point out
that my lens cap is on, something I find quite anoying.

Back to the topic of airport security. Once in Darjeeling I bought one of
those canes with a folding seat on top, the kind English school masters use
at cricket games. It was too long to fit in my lugage so I carried it as
hand luggage, first from India to London, then from London back home to
Canada. Several months later at home I discovered that you could unscrew
the hollow wooden shaft and that attached to the seat was a long sword
blade almost as long as the whole cane!