Subject: Re: on the run
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 15:48:16 -0500

At 10:24 AM 11/12/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I thought about buying the M for a long time before I made the plunge.
>One of the things that bothered me about the camera is the film loading
>system.  It seems clumsy and awkward compared to any other 35mm system
>that I've used.  Now that I'm committed, how in the heck do you load it
>on the run?  I can load my Nikons almost with my eyes closed, but I feel
>like I'm all thumbs with my M6.
>jack gottlob

Jack:  Practice!  The best trick is one I learned from Tom at the Leica
seminar:  crimp the end of the film by bending it a couple of times and
then drop the bent end in middle of the winder.  It will catch every time.
Tuck the base plate under your arm or in your belt.  Don't put it down
anywhere or you'll lose it for sure.  Good luck!  Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>