Subject: SL to M?
From: leicas@isham-research.demon.co.uk (Phil Payne)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 21:01:37 GMT

In message <91A33BD4BF88D01195FD00805FFE629A0D3954@HFKPOST> Inge Doskeland writes:

> Do You think the adapter plus the lens is able to focus properly (to
> infinity) on a M camera with a SL Summicron in front? I ask because You
> mention that It's a tube the same length as the depth of the Visoflex
> body.

I think we're talking about two different adapters.  22228 will focus
a Leica R lens on an M body to infinity - but it's a lot thinner than
a Visoflex.

The other adapter I have is _exactly_ the same size as a Visoflex and
will thus focus Visoflex-mount lenses to infinity.  I think it was
developed as a microscope accessory.

- --
Phil Payne