Subject: Re: Us together
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:19:36 -0600

At 10:59 AM 11/11/97 +0200, you wrote:

>blatant lie. That's exactly what he does.

You purposely want to cause problems, don't you?

>>>I'm not trying to be hard on you, but I refuse to accept the idea=A0=20
>>>that we Americans are pathetic because we don't attack topics the=A0=20
>>>way Europeans do. That's a bit snobbish, and rather ethnocentric.
>
>And I replied, commenting on this very passage in my note on the=A0=20
>following day:
>
>>I never said anything about Americans that you try to claim. Again=A0=20
>>you are just twisting and generalizing for your own purposes.=A0=20
>>Introducing this ethnocentricity and bringing about the other=A0=20
>>accusations.

You know, I can see where the misunderstanding is here. I should have said
American media, not just Americans. I apologize for not making myself
clearer. (I was in my own mind!).=20

What I meant was that I resented such a generalization in the
characterization of the American Media.

M. Eloranta has for some reason decided to attack me in a most abusive way,
and I sort of understand why. But it's a bit much, and rather immature if
you ask me to drag it out here rather than in private to clarify before
attacking. I admit, I shoudln't have responded in public myself 'til I was
clear.

My reference to Fred Ward was simply commenting on his agreement with my
frustration with the noise level on the list at that time making it not a
useful thing to peruse for either of us. That is NOT to say that there
wasn't a lot of wonderful people on the list then, or now! A few rotten
eggs can stink it up for everyone.

I'm not hiding behind anyone's back. And I expect this won't cause me to be
endeared by anyone, so anyone who wants to carry on this discussion any
longer - keep up your verbal abuse. I can take it. I'm through with it. I
don't want to abuse the good people here any more with such inane drivel.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You'll get what's coming to you ... Unless mailed