Subject: Re: I need some film recommendations.
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:07:26 -0500

Gabe Sachs <egabe@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> Now I need a recommendation.  I usually blow my
> stuff up to 11x14 and rarely but occassionally 16x20.  Please let me
> know what type of print film you would recommend for me use.

I'm really fond of Fuji Reala.  A little less dramatically saturated and
contrasty than Velvia, but still the `Fuji look' -- except skintones are more
likely not to offend the sensibilities.  Unsurprisingly, a higher percentage
of exposures will be technically acceptable on Reala than Velvia.  (Duh.)
Remarkably fine grain, especially now that their APS-prompted reformulation
has pretty much flushed the older (also great) formulation out of retail
channels.

As one usually expects with negative material, better thick than thin: hedge
your bets by shooting at about EI 80.

> Can I
> still get those rich Velvia colors in my prints?

Well, no, but _almost_.

 -Jeff