Subject: SL to M?
From: leicas@isham-research.demon.co.uk (Phil Payne)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 07:51:09 GMT

In message <91A33BD4BF88D01195FD00805FFE629A0D394C@HFKPOST> Inge Doskeland writes:

> Is there a "realistic" way to adapt a lens for SL to an M body? I ask
> because I have a not so good Leicaflex SL with a good standard Summicron
> lens.

Yes, there's an adapter (22228?) that was made for mounting Leicaflex
lenses on to the Leicina Special, which had an M-series lens mount.

No rangefinder coupling, though, so there's little point.

I sold mine when I sold my Special, but for some unaccountable reason I
kept the adapter for Visoflex lenses.  It's just a tube the same length
as the depth of the Visoflex body.  I think it's unique - it's the only
Leitz adapter ring I've ever seen that doesn't have a number engraved
on it.  Have to find a Special owner to sell it to ...

P.S.   Please don't repost the _entire_ digest.

Phil Payne