Subject: Offendee, Me?
From: leicas@isham-research.demon.co.uk (Phil Payne)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 07:56:09 GMT

In message <199711092143.PAA11230@sleepy.ponyexpress.net> Eric Welch writes:

> Seems like I've been on a rampage offending certain people on this list. I
> won't name them, because I hope those discussions are over, and I don't
> have to add anyone to my twit filters. But, I'm willing to put it to a vote.

Talking of filters - I just got lucky.  I picked up a box of 200 assorted
filters at a photo store closedown sale for GBP5 ($8).  About a third
are 49mm Skylight 1As - but some of the rest are fun.

I found a _complete_ set of b/w filters in E43 mount - ideal for my
old-ish 50mm Summilux.  One day this coming weekend is going to see
me stalking clouds across the fields.

I also got around ten 55mm effects filters - they don't fit any Leitz
lenses I have, but they fit an Olympus 75-150mm zoom I picked up by
accident a few years back.  And a complete set of lighting source
filters (FL-W, FL-D, A-D, D-A, 85, etc.) for the same lens.

There's also a half-set of b/w filters and several effects filters
(centre spots) in 58mm mount, which fit my Noctilux (I got one of the
first - a different filter thread to the 75mm 1.4, dammit!).

The rest are going back into the local household goods auctions.

I don't think any of them are really high quality, but they'll do for
the purpose.

- --
Phil Payne