Subject: Re: FINAL LUG ROSTER
From: BenTroGa@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 23:08:16 -0500 (EST)

Bennett Gardner
49/o Family Physician
Fort Worth, Texas

First interested in photography in 1960's, learned thru trial/error, then
School of Modern Photography correspondence school (what a trip! fun at that
young age),
side-by-side work with professional sports photographers in
Washington/Baltimore are to learn football/hockey, basketball, etc
photography.  Later worked one-on-one with portrait and wedding photographers
on east coast.  Most incredible experience was taking photos in Laurel,
Maryland at the scene of George Wallace shooting (I was 5 feet away, really
in the wrong place at a terrible time.  Lucky not to be injured.  AP bought &
world-wide circulation front page resulted.)

First Leica was SLMOT in 1972 (over 100,000 exposures and still in weekly
use, sidelines at Dallas Cowboys' games).  Currently use R's and M's with
lenses from 24 to 280 (and the better half uses a Z2X).

I enjoy sports photography, but gain the most creative fulfillment using
relatively abstract approaches to those things which we look at, but don't
really see.

I bought my first Leica because I did not want the excuse of "If I only had a
better camera, then my pictures would look better" to be a part of my life.
 If my photographs were not outstanding, it was not the fault of the camera.

I think that decision was a wise one.