Subject: Re: I respectfully disagree with Ted ;-)
From: BenTroGa@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 14:14:48 -0500 (EST)

RE: respectfully disagreeing with Ted

" Luck favors the prepared mind." -     Louis Pasteur

Trust me, if you are not technically competent with your equipment (much of
which competence may be gained without alot of effort thanks to the
electronic wizardry in today's cameras) then you will be at a decided
disadvantage in obtaining those great moments which are felt as being "great
photographs."  The wonderful array of photographs which Ted displays were
decidedly not the result of sheer luck.  He puts himself in the right place
at the right time (and under the right conditions) to be so "lucky".

Be prepared.  Learn the technical parts (as much as you need.).  Your luck
will improve.

(By the way, those lucky pictures will probably look better if taken thru
good glass.)

Ben (#2 at Kennebunkport, just lucky, I guess!)