Subject: Re: Larry Burrows & Tim Page
From: Jack Gottlob <sam@injersey.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 06:47:01 -0800

Kari Eloranta wrote:

> >I heard yesterday that H. Faas and Tim Page have collaborated on a
> >new Vietnam book that will be the subject of NPR's "Fresh Air"
> today >(5 Nov). Our program airs at 4:00 pm CST on National Public
> Radio.  >They are supposed to be there live to talk about it. I hope
> this >isn't old news about a rerun of "Fresh Air".
>
> Yeah. Fresh Air indeed... Live talk about their hour of glory, the
> "real life" that took place quarter century back. Sure, personally
> gratifying for an old hand. But still what's the point?
>
> Wouldn't it be a bit more relevant e.g. to have a book/radio
> program about why so few photojournalists died in the Gulf War?
> About the blackout, about the sanitized coverage, about TV versus
> photo, about people swallowing it all as "modern war".
>
> Kari ElorantaI can't understand why you are down on NPR, Fresh Air, or Requiem.  The
station is by far the best on the air and the book is stunning.  We are
very fortunate to get the NY NPR station here in New Jersey.   There is a
program hosted by Lennie Lopate in which relevent topics are discussed by
authors and others who have expertise in their subjects.  I spend  alot
of my day in the car and NPR is a link to sanity.
jack