Subject: Re: Larry Burrows & Tim Page
From: Kari Eloranta <eloranta@lammio.hut.fi>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 97 11:38:36 +0200

>I heard yesterday that H. Faas and Tim Page have collaborated on a
>new Vietnam book that will be the subject of NPR's "Fresh Air"
today >(5 Nov). Our program airs at 4:00 pm CST on National Public
Radio.  >They are supposed to be there live to talk about it. I hope
this >isn't old news about a rerun of "Fresh Air".

Yeah. Fresh Air indeed... Live talk about their hour of glory, the
"real life" that took place quarter century back. Sure, personally
gratifying for an old hand. But still what's the point?

Wouldn't it be a bit more relevant e.g. to have a book/radio
program about why so few photojournalists died in the Gulf War?
About the blackout, about the sanitized coverage, about TV versus
photo, about people swallowing it all as "modern war".

Kari Eloranta