Subject: Summicrons on CLE
From: Jorge Fernandez <Jorge.Fernandez@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 05 Nov 1997 12:15:35 -0500

     Hello Vince,

     You're absolutely correct in your assumption. I've been using a late
     model 35 Summicron on my CLE and can only focus up to about 25 feet
     before the protective ring you refer to butts up against the wall
     surrounding the meter lens on the internal lower bout.
     Not really too much of a problem if you leave your lens at the optimal
     hyperfocal distance and let your aperture cover the infinity mark. I
     usually shoot a little more conservatively and fall well within
     reasonable focus. Whatever you do, don't force the focus beyond 25
     feet!

     Regards,
     Jorge